History of Schaeffer

Schaeffer Auditorium

Schaeffer Auditorium was built in 1938 by the General State Authority for the Kutztown State Teacher’s College. The hall was named by the current college President, Dr. Quincy A. Rohrbach for the previous President Dr. Nathan C. Schaeffer. At the time, when the enrollment was only 1200 students, the 34,000 square foot hall was designed to be the primary building for all major school gatherings. Today, at almost 12,000 students, Schaeffer Auditorium is still the only large performing arts space on campus.

Schaeffer Auditorium

With a seating capacity of approximately 850, the hall is used daily for classes, public gatherings, presentation as well as school performances and the main series for KU Presents! The building also houses our offices, the main box office for the entire campus, a mid-size music classroom, and the university’s scene shop, costume shop, paint shop and theatrical storage.

To inquire about renting Schaeffer Auditorium click here.

 

To request our tech specs, please contact Greg Kokolus at 610.683.4522.